Friday, April 4, 2008

Starting to look like a guitar


A good couple of hours in the workshop this afternoon.



Most of the time was spent preparing more templates - they may save time in the long-term, but making template certainly takes a lot of time in the short-term! But I did then get to use them to prepare the control cavity, and the neck is now in place ...


If you look closely ...



... you can see that the control plate fits flush with the top of the body. Usually it would be fixed on top of the body, level with the scratchplate, but as I won't be using a scratchplate, I decided to recess the control plate into the body. I have a template, and I'm going to use it ...



The neck will be screwed to the body, but I didn't see that as any reason to have a loose fit ...



Still plenty of work to do on shaping the heel and blending the join in "properly". I've also got to refinish the whole neck as the back is "rough" and the frets need a lot of attention.

But, looks like progress to me :)


No comments: