Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ready for some paint

Now it's time for a bit of pain spraying. I did try wood stain first, but that didn't turn out so well. So, rubbed the body down some more and bought some paint instead. All nicely taped to protect the bits that I don't want painting ...


After a few coats ("apply many thin coats rather than few thick coats" was the advice that I aimed to follow) of paint, and it's looking quite good. The pics don't really show it, but there's a nice glossy finish.

In fact, I was so pleased with the way that the body looked that I thought I'd try a matching area of colour on the headstock, so a bit more sanding, a bit more taping off the "no paint here please" bits, and out with the spray can again ...

If it's all turned out well, there should be some future posts with pics of the completed body.
If it doesn't turn out so well, only the neighbours will see the result ... coming out the top of our chimney!

No comments: